02 October 2010

Banned Book Week

I tend to read a lot of banned books.  They're usually worth reading, and nothing like Banned Book Week gets me motivated to actually read the ones that have been sitting on my To-Read list for ages.  While these other posts aren't necessarily of the Banned Book Week variety, I thought they might be an enjoyable look back at some older posts and maybe make you aware of some titles you didn't realize were banned or challenged.  I might not catch all of them since people will ban some pretty tame stuff, but I'll peg the obvious ones for you.  In alphabetical order by title, for your convenience.

Enjoy your freedom to read!

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (by guest blogger, Dan Walker.)
Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (by guest blogger, Dan Walker.)
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (posts by myself and guest blogger, Dan Walker.)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (by guest blogger, Dan Walker.)

On another note, I've decided to take a bit of a break from writing blog posts, so if you see a slew of guest posts in the next couple of days that's why.  If you're interested in being a guest blogger, please contact me at acampb8@kent.edu or check my contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...